Salary and benefits
£19,000 to £23,000 per annum
- Manufacturing and Production
- Loading Shovel Operator
Oakes Recruitment Limited is acting as a Recruitment Agency for our client and we are currently looking for a qualified and experienced Loading Shovel Operator/Telehandler
Main purpose of job:
Assisting the Fuel Team Leader in the safe and efficient delivery of the fuel into the plant, complete day to day operations in order to achieve maximum output, whilst maintaining the highest levels of safety.
- Ensure that safe working practises and procedures are adhered to within all areas of work.
- Complete routine and non-routine operational maintenance activities as directed and in line with the approved processes and procedures.
- Complete fuel sampling routines, including from each arriving load.
- Control movement of vehicles around the site.
- Oversee the procedure of safely unloading operations of delivering lorries.
- Monitor the fuel distribution.
- Complete daily equipment checks.
- Investigate plant problems alongside your team leader, identify solutions and undertake routine and non-routine maintenance.
- Prepare and present reports, maintaining appropriate records within recognised systems.
- Complete accurate and concise shift handover, ensuring all relevant parties are updated on plant operating conditions.
- Operate fuel process plant and equipment in accordance with operational procedures.
- Adhere to the SHE Management System at all times.
- To participate in the Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Management System within the production teams of operations, maintenance, fuel reception and ash disposal.
- To have a competent person status within the Safe System of Work.
- To be a skilled operator of the fuel and ash systems and any other all associated systems.
- Be self-motivated and work with all staff in the prevention of work-related accidents and actively participates in raising and reporting of near misses (CAR reports).
- Ensures the correct use of tools and equipment (Applying LOLER & PUWER).
Skills, Knowledge and experience
Min of 2 years in a production-based environment
SHE qualifications, IE IOSH working/managing safety
Good verbal and written communications skills
Competent level IT skills
Job Reference: 10039/002_1559739154
Salary: £19000 - £23000 per annum
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production
Job Skill: Loading Shovel Operator