Salary and benefits
£1 to £1 per annum
- data logging
- Electrical Engineering
- telemetry systems in high level motorsport
Located in Silverstone, UK, you will be reporting to the Chief Engineer.
Job responsibilities include setting/calibrating sensors, wiring new sensors, checking car reliability in an efficient way.
You will work closely with the Race and Performance Engineers ensuring the chassis is built to the correct specification and set-up correctly whilst maintaining the highest industry standards.
Factory projects will also be assigned to help develop System Engineering tools and hardware and to promote improved performance and reliability in various areas on the control and hardware side of the car.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Promote teamwork and effective communication channels to develop working relationships between all personnel and departments.
* Have an excellent understanding of Data Acquisition Systems and setup of monitoring systems in order to continuously and efficiently monitor all aspects of reliability.
* Ensure control boxes, control units and sensors are operating correctly and within their limits prior to and during all sessions.
* Monitor and resolve any electrical issues as they arise on the chassis. Generate fault reports as required and proactively investigate issues on and off car working closely with the Chief Engineer and Chief Mechanic.
* Work closely with the wider car crew to ensure all electrical components are allocated as per the build specification and available in readiness for car builds.
* Continuously monitor and help to improve on and off car installations, design standards and operational processes and procedures.
* Work closely with the Tyre Technicians to ensure the TPMS sensors are correctly allocated and functioning prior to each session.
* Actively progress allocated Development and Reliability projects under the instruction of the Chief Engineer.
Education and Work Experience:
* Degree or equivalent in Electronic/Electrical Engineering.
* Previous experience of working with data logging and telemetry systems in a high level motorsport environment is essential.
Specialised Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong communication skills, written and verbal are a must.
* Experience in a technical background in race car electrical and electronic systems are essential for the role.
* The correct candidate must work well in a team environment with be able to interact with personnel at all levels.
* An ability to work and prioritise demands within a very high pressure, time sensitive environment while retaining a methodical and calm approach is essential.
* The role requires a willingness to work flexible hours, including a significant portion of weekends.
Work Environment Physical Demands:
The role will require significant international travel where the candidate will experience long working days, at times long travel days and within a range of different climates. The role will require the candidate to help with garage set up/ pack up, freight load and other manual activities during an event.
Job Reference: OR00120_1578920312
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Job Industry: Automotive