Salary and benefits
£8 to £8 per hour
Temp to Perm
- Manufacturing and Production
Oakes Recruitment Limited is acting as a Recruitment Agency for our client and we are currently looking for a Multi Skilled Filling Operative, based in Halesworth for an established and expanding business.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
As a multi skilled operative you will be supporting the Team Leaders with the production of products. You will be responsible for the assembly of various finished products to the specification given. Responsible for ensuring the packing specification is adhered to by the packing team at the end of the filling line. Reaching expected targets always and meeting quality standards. Cleaning and sanitisation of the end of line equipment to the required quality standards. Following the company’s policies and procedures, ensuring housekeeping, quality standards, processes and procedures are always being followed.
- Set up and adjust of machines/filling lines
- Assemble and pack goods to meet production target rate;
- Adapt to all lines, jobs and speeds required across all the different machinery within the business;
- Communicate your knowledge and show your skills to all new and existing team members; by applying various skills across lines such as application of caps, labelling, collating bottles on and off lines, batch coding, assembly of decorative cartons, shrink wrapping and tamper label application.
- Perform on- line quality control checks
- Complete all quality control paperwork
- Verify rejects from line and daily reporting of production output
- Complete all packing lists and paperwork in full within the time frame required.
- Assist the Team Leader with:
- Interpret specifications and job orders to workers.
- Achieve optimum line output and line efficiency’s.
- Ensure assembly of finished goods is to the specification and quality standards.
- Always maintain good housekeeping within your area
- Helping in other areas to ensure high standards are maintained
- Interprets company policies to remind colleagues of safe working practices where required.
- Communicate with your team leader in order to understand operational targets;
- Communicate any operational shortfalls immediately and directly to your Team Leader and ensure that any equipment faults or failures are highlighted immediately to our on-site engineer.
- Ability to run all areas of the filling operation.
- Adapt to any job given by your superiors;
Please note the above list is not exhaustive and is intended as a guide only
- Previous experience within a manufacturing environment
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team as well as be self-motivated
This is a temp to perm position for the right candidates, with a 12-week probation period. Salary will increase on acceptance of the permanent contract
The shifts are 6am – 2pm and 2pm-10pm 37.5 hours on week block rotations
IT IS ESSENTIAL YOU HAVE YOUR OWN TRANSPORT DUE TO THE LACK OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT IN THIS AREA, AND THE SHIFT PATTERNS
Job Reference: 10304/001_1562339376
Salary: Up to £8.21 per hour
Salary per: Hour
Job Duration: Temp to Perm
Job Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Temporary
Job Industry: Manufacturing and Production